(Medicare for all seems to me a bad idea, as with any federal attempt to do what states, families, or private orgs should do. Here is why (personal exp.)
- This is hopefully *skimmable* (& somewhat sequential), but also with details, to be useful. Read all of a page, then get details by clicking links of interest.
- I have gone through the long and difficult process to get Social Security disability payments, approved by the Administrative Law Judge.
- Dealing with medicare or social security has been a grueling, draining, heavy load at times. They ask for info, then nothing: a black hole of info, usually.
- In 2018 SSA stopped benefits to me, and my appeal dated 2018-10-01 has had no answer as of 2019-02-19. (There are details, but that is true and accurate.)
- I am *again* on hold with them, now (typically over an hour of waiting). Bad for my health, it is difficult and draining, to sit on hold like this or talk much
- And for Medicare: As of mid 2019-2 medicare denied my first claim ever that didn't fall under the deductible, saying they lacked information, but not *what*.
- I HAVE HAD NO CHOICE, nor has anyone I know, as to whether to *pay* into the Social Security and Medicare systems.
- In contrast, I have had *choices* (freedom) about whether and how to sign up for private insurance etc.
- And when I call *them*, typically in 10 minutes my question is answered helpfully, done.
- I realize that is not true for everyone in every situation with private insurance.
- But if this were left to the states (or individuals, families, communities) or private insurance, at least we would have a chance to have a choice with our $!
- I have studied and experienced much, and traveled, as have many other people I know. Socialism, or federal "care" w/o choice, is not a good thing for society.
- But, it has the effect of reducing freedom, giving smaller groups or individuals far too much control over larger groups of individuals.
- Federal government "care" stifles, and harms, more than it helps, overall. Locally, we can do a better job with the $, if we could keep the money for that.
- Letting states or local others address local problems helps to not make the federal budget problems even worse while trying to solve our *personal* problems.
- Combining freedom + chances to learn responsibility, seems far better than letting the federal government run more of our lives, badly...
- Please, please let us respect our US Constitution and leave such things OUT of the realm of the federal government. That is why we have states! (& families! )
- If there are issues to solve, causes to carry, do those privately, or at the state/community/family/individual level, *outside* the Federal government.
- The states, laboratories of democracy, are places where we can learn from each other what works best, and even move to a different set of laws sometimes.
- Liberty really is important. We might want to solve problems and improve things for others, but...
- General politics and issues (honesty and the constitution are the most essential! And less-important thoughts on things like climate change, and medicare)
- (More content might be planned or available, but not yet included. Questions/suggestions/comments welcome! Page footer has contact info.)
Copyright 2015-2020 Luke A. Call | Home | Feedback (won't put you on a mailing list): firstname.lastname@example.org
(Content generated selectively from a OneModel instance. | Last updated: 2020-02-18.)