Liberty really is important. We might want to solve problems and improve things for others, but...
- ...but that is too often done with other people's money, i.e., forced charity.
- It is better to preserve our freedom to use our own resources, so we can do good in the ways we see fit, free of so much government regulation and hampering.
- Of course there is an important role for government.
- But studying the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution we see that there should be limits.
- Not every problem is a reason to raise federal taxes! ! -- that lowers freedom (ability to do as we choose with our means) for everyone! !
- If there are issues to solve, causes to carry, do those privately, or at the state/community/family/individual level, *outside* the Federal government.
- The states, laboratories of democracy, are places where we can learn from each other what works best, and even move to a different set of laws sometimes.
- "MEDICARE FOR ALL" IS NOT A GOOD IDEA, nor is any *federal* attempt to do what states, families, or private orgs should do! Here is why... (personal exper.)
Copyright 2015-2019 Luke A. Call | Home | Feedback (won't put you on a mailing list): email@example.com
(Content generated selectively from a OneModel instance. | Last updated: 2019-08-22.)