Technical info to use your systems reliably with Free software, knowledge & process management.
- ***HOW TO READ THIS SITE***: all text, including links (usually), *is* part of the content to read, and after that, you click for more details: outlined.
- I am/was a longtime software developer, user of GNU/Linux (since 1997-12), & of OpenBSD (~ from 3.9/2006, fully since 2018-1). MS- and Apple-free since 1997.
- So far, there has never, to my knowledge, been any ransomware, virus or other malware on any system I have managed.
- Does your computer make you feel like...someone else is the boss? Get good support AND *local trust & control* (unlike with proprietary vendors)!
- People I set up to use GNU/linux and OpenBSD computers, never had to "learn unix", but basically use it like WinXP (family, & genealogy class patrons).
- Is your online banking etc really connecting to your bank, and not someone else? Consider DNSSEC: maybe I can help a little (not just for technologists)
- Free knowledge management/organizer software: a very efficient knowledge-base, to keep or share: onemodel.org (text/desktop/AGPL)
Business card says as of 2019-12-03 (but just free emails for now):
Consulting: knowledge management (avoid
forgetting, losing info, single-expert risk, etc.), avoid
viruses/ransomware. Lower costs, software Freedom,
systems, dev. process improvement, improved trust &
reliability. Low cost: inquire.
- Consulting interests / areas (once I get healthy again; can email questions in the meantime)
- Software development process / thoughts
- (Suggestions/questions welcome! More information is planned or available on request. Page footer has contact info.)
Copyright (c) 2015-2022 Luke A. Call | Home | Feedback (won't put you on a mailing list): firstname.lastname@example.org
(Content generated selectively from a OneModel instance. | Last updated: 2022-05-28.)