Does your computer make you feel like...someone else is the boss? Get good support AND *local trust & control* (unlike with proprietary vendors)!
- For more trust & control, & so bugs can always be fixed, consider GNU/Linux (www.debian.org, Free & open. See their fine documentation.)
- Devuan (pronounced "dev-one"): a debian derivative with added advantage of working without "systemd". The debian.org documentation and alerts are still useful.
- Or, OpenBSD (better security): Free/open general-purpose operating system, with only *2* remote security vulnerabilies in the default setup since 1996! !
- Or others that also allow local decision-making: FreeBSD, or other forms of GNU/Linux, with varying tradeoffs: like Ubuntu or Mint (w/ icky "binary blobs").
- People I set up to use GNU/linux and OpenBSD computers, never had to "learn unix", but basically use it like WinXP (family, & genealogy class patrons).
- Technical info to use your systems reliably with Free software, knowledge & process management.
- (Suggestions/questions welcome! More information is planned or available on request. Page footer has contact info.)
Copyright (c) 2015-2023 Luke A. Call | Home | Feedback (won't put you on a mailing list): firstname.lastname@example.org
(Content generated selectively from a OneModel instance. | Last updated: 2023-08-29.)