Speaking in front of groups, preparing/giving talks (including a primary / children's organization talk) main
- (How to read content at this site: any text, including links (usually), *is* part of the content to be read, and after that, you can click for more details.)
- You might not be able to do all steps, but you can consider each one briefly and learn & grow over time. Skim thru all steps first, then do as time permits?
- Start early, not the night before (if possible). If not possible, pray for help and the Lord helps us when we are striving to do His will! (good scrs on that)
- Humble oneself, *pray for the Spirit*, seek to do the Lord's will. Have a long-term habit of studying the scriptures and other Church materials, conference.
- Consider the audience and what message is appropriate (or assigned).
- Pray & think about the audience, seeking the Lord's will at every step (and immediately before, even during the talk, if possible?)
- Prepare it: what to say. Ask a helper if you want. (%%todo: add notes fr elsewh, on getting the Spirit & following, homework, materials on lds.org)
- Know when to end, be aware of time, and end on time (unless otherwise directed by the presiding authority).
- Say what you *know*. Close properly.
- If that is all you can do, you can do it. If it is your first few times, you can even just get through it mechanically. The rest might be good but dont fear.
- Listen and be willing to follow the clear, gentle whispers of the Spirit, even during delivery. (Humble prayer & preparation helps distinguish it...)
- Learn to speak loudly enough, clearly.
- Learn the talk well enough to speak *to the audience, to the people*, not looking down much. Preferably memorized or largely so.
- Other tips on giving talks
- (Suggestions/questions welcome! More info might be planned or available on request. Page footer has contact info.)
Copyright 2015-2020 Luke A. Call | Home | Feedback (won't put you on a mailing list): email@example.com
(Content generated selectively from a OneModel instance. | Last updated: 2020-05-26.)