Dating skills / chastity / process / importance
- Chastity before marriage, total fidelity after marriage.
- Observe people and interact with them, to learn about the virtues and weaknesses they may possess.
- Moral safety
- Modesty in clothing (main)
- For the Strength of Youth aka FSOY
- "Delaying Marriage: The Trends and the Consequences" (Ensign, 2017-3, 24ff)
- "Inquire Well to Marry Well" (on qualities of marriage candidates)
- Cohabitation less stable for families than marriage worldwide, though more doing it
- Our own traits are part of helpful preparation for any part of life, and importantly, what one brings to marriage and family. Including social skills.
- Read "The Family: A Proclamation to the World", and consider carefully its teachings, for family happiness that lasts. What do we really seek...?
- Spend enough time to make sure to *really* know if you know the person: probably measured in years.
- DOCUMENT: About choosing a spouse: research and advice (a lot of work went into this)
- Dating and marriage: preparing oneself, and choosing a spouse
- See Charly Troff (Anderson) book "365 ideas...a date a day for a year" for more on why & how (inexpensive date ideas for youths to get to know many people! )
- Other unedited/rough ideas, for what they may be worth
- (See all the Church materials for this age, why date, standards etc.)
- For when one gets married / in marriage
- (Suggestions/questions welcome! More info might be planned or available on request. Page footer has contact info.)
Copyright 2015-2020 Luke A. Call | Home | Feedback (won't put you on a mailing list): email@example.com
(Content generated selectively from a OneModel instance. | Last updated: 2020-05-26.)