People I set up to use GNU/linux and OpenBSD computers, never had to "learn unix", but basically use it like WinXP (family, & genealogy class patrons).
- Free high-quality programs, and free upgrades for life (the software, not the services, if ever desired).
- Use a browser (chromium or firefox, etc), office suite, and thousands of other programs available.
- *Much* more resilient and predictable.
- Tons of instructional material available online, you can learn *if* you want, and I can help.
- No guarantees, just years of good experience and millions(?) of users.
- True, some things are occasionally more awkward but with workarounds, it seems well worth it to me, overall (hardware support, convenient wifi, printing...).
Copyright 2015-2019 Luke A. Call | Home | Feedback (won't put you on a mailing list): email@example.com
(Content generated selectively from a OneModel instance. | Last updated: 2019-12-8.)