I can see why some would be skeptical, after observing some things in history. But we don't judge God based on what humans do, but...
- ...but we should seek Him and seek to find the truth...
- ...by reading the Book of Mormon sincerely, remembering what one should (per the promise within the book) and asking if it is true. (See Moroni 10:3-5, but all)
- That includes remembering His goodness, having even a particle of initial desire to believe, and being humbly willing to do what we learn
- A related BoM reference on how to develop faith, starting from only a small desire to believe (excellent chapter).
- Also, I have tried this personally and I strongly believe w/ all my heart that it is true.
- The answer really boils down to finding out for oneself if the Church is the official organization representing Jesus Christ today, with His authority, by...
- Doing so helps us know, if there is a question, that we can be faithful while learning and waiting for more knowledge, and that this is worthwhile and good.
- A relevant talk: "Come join with us" (& doubt your doubts before doubting your faith; audio and different languages are available for all these talks)
- A relevant Conference talk: "Joseph Smith"
- A relevant talk: "Choose the light"
- There is misinformation out there. For answers from those sympathetic to the Church's viewpoint, here are some possible resources.
- Why I believe in God, and find that extremely helpful to my life: many specific and long-considered reasons for peace and motivation even when things are hard.
Copyright 2015-2019 Luke A. Call | Home | Feedback (won't put you on a mailing list): email@example.com
(Content generated selectively from a OneModel instance. | Last updated: 2019-08-22.)