Discussing clothing *and* media content & behavior, especially immodesty, violence, dishonesty, all non-overt messages, and nudity/porn.
- This is hopefully *skimmable* (& somewhat sequential), but also with details, to be useful. Read all of a page, then get details by clicking links of interest.
- The goal: lasting happiness & well-being for individuals & families, avoidance of addicting and destructive behaviors and examples.
- Even if one does not believe in God or guidance of the living prophets, there are still good reasons for modesty in dress & actions, including in media.
- In media, there is the overt message, and also the (probably more powerful) subconscious message(s).
- For example, someone wins, or seems "nice". But how did they do it: did they follow the teachings of Christ, or were more violent, controlling, etc?
- Or, a character (often female) is glamorous or at the center of attention. But how did they get that attention: with the body?
- ***** I INVITE US, when consuming media, to PLEASE CONSIDER, and to discuss with family, the media portrayals, including characters and behaviors. *****
- We all should discipline ourselves to be good in spite of the things around us (and avoid evil).
- Why would we dress in ways that make it harder for those who try to do and be good? (Or encourage such media content?) Attention/peers? Wrong kind.
- (Comments welcome! More content, details, & improvements might be planned/written/available, just not edited in yet. See page footer to send suggestions.)
Copyright 2015-2019 Luke A. Call | Home | Feedback (won't put you on a mailing list): firstname.lastname@example.org
(Content generated selectively from a OneModel instance. | Last updated: 2019-08-22.)